Apollo Save Tool (PS3)
Apollo Save Tool is an application to manage save-game files on the PlayStation 3.
apollo-ps3 homebrew app allows to download, unlock, patch and resign save-game files directly on your PS3.
- Easy to use: no crypto-key configuration or advanced setup needed.
- Standalone: no computer required, everything happens on the PS3.
- Automatic settings: auto-detection of PSID, IDPS and Account-ID settings.
- Multi-user: supports multiple user accounts.
- Save files listing: quick access to all the save files on USB and the internal PS3 HDD (+ file details)
- Save SFO unlocking: allows the user to remove the copy-lock flag, enabling transfer of
Copying Prohibitedsave files.
- Save files patching: supports Bruteforce Save Data and Game Genie cheat patches to enhance your savegames.
- Save PFD resigning: allows the user to resign save files made by other users and consoles.
- Save downloading: easy access to an Online Database of save-game files to download straight to your PlayStation.
- Save file conversion: converts and resigns PS1 and PS2 save-game formats to PS3
- License exporting: easy backup of user licenses to
- License importing: allows to import
.rapfiles to user
PS2 Classics Management
- Memory card exporting: decrypt and export
- Memory card importing: allows to import
.VM2files to encrypted
- ISO importing: import PS2
.BIN.ENCencrypted image format.
- BIN.ENC exporting: decrypt and export
Get the latest version here.
See the latest changes here.
No special setup is needed. Just download the latest
apollo-ps3.pkg package and install it on your PlayStation 3.
On first run, the application will detect and setup the required user settings.
|USB saves||your files must be placed on
|HDD saves||files will be scanned from
|HDD VME cards||
|HDD VM2 cards||
|HDD VM1 cards||
Using the application is simple and straight-forward:
- Move UP/DOWN to select the save-game file you want to patch, and press . The patch screen will show the available fixes for the file. Select the patches and click
- To view the item’s details, press . It will open the context menu on the screen. Press to return to the list.
- To reload the list, press .
- Press L1/L2 or R1/R2 trigger buttons to move pages up or down.
- USB saves: your files must be placed on
- HDD saves: files will be scanned from
XXis the current
Overriding auto-detected settings
If you want to override the auto-detected IDs used by Apollo to resign the save-games, you can use the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <apollo version="1.2.0"> <owner name="PS3 User"> <console idps="AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0123456789ABCDEF" psid="FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 0123456789ABCDEF"/> <user id="00000002" account_id="0123456789abcdef"/> </owner> <owner name="Other User"> <console idps="AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0123456789ABCDEF" psid="FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF 0123456789ABCDEF"/> <user id="00000008" account_id="abcdef0123456789"/> </owner> </apollo>
The file must be saved on
/dev_hdd0/game/NP0APOLLO/USRDIR/owners.xml. Apollo will load the hard-coded values when launched, and you should
select the desired Owner from the Settings menu.
owners.xml you need to define:
- Owner name
- User ID (e.g.:
- Account ID (e.g.:
- Console PSID (e.g.:
- Console IDPS is optional (only required for license import/export)
The application also provides direct access to the Apollo online database of save-game files for PlayStation 3 games. These usually offer additional features such as completed games that can save you many hours of playing.
Currently, the list of available games and files is limited, but the project aims to add more save-games shared by the community.
Note: Downloaded save files must be resigned using Apollo before loading them in your games.
Where I can get a save-game for XYZ game?
I have a save-game file that I want to share. How can I upload it?
If you have a save file that is not currently available on the Online Database and want to share it, please check this link for instructions.
Why is it called Apollo?
- Bucanero: Project developer
- Dnawrkshp: Artemis PS3
- Berion: GUI design
- flatz: SFO/PFD tools
- aldostools: Bruteforce Save Data
- aluigi: offzip/packzip
You need to have installed:
- PS3 toolchain
- PSL1GHT SDK
- Tiny3D library
- polarSSL library
- dbglogger library (only required for debug logging)
make to create a release build. After that, run
make pkg to create a
.pkg install file.
You can also set the
PS3LOAD environment variable to the PS3 IP address:
This will allow you to use
make run and send
apollo-ps3.self directly to the PS3Load listener.
To enable debug logging, build Apollo Save Tool with
make DEBUGLOG=1. The application will send debug messages to
UDP multicast address
220.127.116.11:30000. To receive them you can use socat on your computer:
$ socat udp4-recv:30000,ip-add-membership=18.104.22.168:0.0.0.0 -
apollo-ps3 is released under the MIT License.